- This event has passed.
Route 66 Mother Road Festival
September 27, 2019 - September 29, 2019$45
18th Annual International Route 66 Mother Road Festival
Celebrate the Golden Age of Route 66…the cars, the music, the food, the friends……all brought together along Illinois’ Route 66 September 27, 28 & 29, 2019.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS BELOW
- Friday Night! Rt. 66 City Nights Cruise For Crime Stoppers presented by Sylvania Automotive. Lineup at Capital City Shopping Center – Cruise at dusk.
- Burnout Competition Saturday
- Live Entertainment on the Hot Rod Stage
- Performance Marketplace for the restoration enthusiast – vendors on display throughout downtown
- Miss “Route 66” Pin-Up Contest – Saturday at the Main Stage
- Over 40 classes of car awards with CASI certified national judging!
- Post your “selfie” at any IL Route 66 landmark to Facebook, Twitter, or Insta with hashtag #MyIL66 to be featured on IL Route 66 Scenic Byway social media!
- Downtown Springfield, Inc. Farmers Market – Saturday
- Cruise The Shops Poker Race brought to you by Downtown Springfield, Inc. – Saturday – $5 To Play, Sign up at 6th & Capitol
- State Capitol Photo Op! Stage a photo of your car with the majestic IL State Capitol Building as your backdrop (4th & Capitol)
|Friday, September 27, 2019||6:00 pm – 10:00 pm|
|Saturday, September 28, 2019||9:00 am – 10:00 pm|
|Sunday, September 29, 2019||9:00 am – 2:00 pm|
THURSDAY, September 26 – Registration Only
2:00 pm – 6:00 pm | Participant Registration Trailer Open
-(Ansar Shrine Temple parking lot – 6th & Cook.)
FRIDAY, September 27 – Show Hours – 6:00 pm – 10:00 pm
2:00 pm – 8:00 pm | Participant Registration Open (Ansar Shrine Temple parking lot – 6th & Cook.)
3:00 pm | Show cars line up at Capital City Shopping Center Parking Lot for Rt. 66 City Nights Cruise for Crimestoppers – Cruise from Capital City Shopping Center Parking Lot (3095 S Dirksen Pkwy)
– A $5 On-Site Donation to Crime Stoppers of Sangamon & Menard Counties requested to participate
6:00 pm | Rt. 66 City Nights Cruise for Crimestoppers rolls out
8:00 pm – 10:00 pm | Live music by “N.C.R.” (Modern Country, Classic Rock, & Pop) at the Main Stage (6th & Washington)
SATURDAY, September 28 -Show Hours – 9:00 am – 10:00 pm
8:00 am – 3:00 pm | Participant Registration Trailer Open (Ansar Shrine Temple parking lot – 6th & Cook.)
8:00 am – 12:30 pm | Downtown Springfield Inc. Old Capitol Farmers Market 9:00 am – 5:00 pm | Visitors Center Open
9:00 am – 8:00 pm | Car show judging throughout event (Judges walk the show to judge cars all day)
9:00 am – 9:00 pm | Automotive eye-candy in the Monet of Cars (6th & Monroe) featuring cars from Dick Levi
9:00 am – 9:00 pm | State Capitol Photo Op Stage a photo with the IL State Capitol Building as your backdrop (4th & Capitol)
10:00 am – 4:00 pm | Cruise The Shops brought to you by Downtown Springfield, Inc. (Register at 6th & Adams / Free to participate)
11:00 am – 9:00 pm | Travel IL Expo IL Route 66 National Scenic Byway (between 5th & 6th St. on Washington)
12:30 pm – 1:00 pm | Miss Route 66 Festival Pin-Up Contest – Main Stage
1:00 pm – 3:00 pm | Live Music by “The Fundamentals” (Oldies Pop/Rock) at the Main Stage (6th St. & Washington)
3:10 pm – 4:10 pm | Burnout Competition (7th St. & Washington). Sign up & tech at Burnout 30 mins prior
4:00 pm – 6:00 pm | Live music by “For the Love of Lennon” (A Tribute to The Beatles) at Main Stage (6th St. & Washington)
7:00 pm – 10:00 pm | Live music by “JukeRox” (Party Hits from the 70’s to Today) at the Main Stage (6th St. & Washington)
SUNDAY, September 29 – Show Hours – 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
9:00 am – 2:00 pm | Visitors Center Open
11:00 am – 2:00 pm | Automotive eye-candy in the Monet of Cars (6th & Monroe) featuring cars from Dick Levi
11:00 am – 2:00 pm | State Capitol Photo Op: Stage a photo with the IL State Capitol Building as your backdrop (4th & Capitol)
Noon – 2:00 pm | Participant Awards Ceremony at the Main Stage (6th & Washington)
Please note: While we try to provide accurate information, event information represented here may be outdated or have changed since we added it. Always verify event information before attending.